- University of Wisconsin Police Department (UWPD)serves as our campus police force and works in conjunction with the City of Madison police force.The UWPD is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week if you need them.
- WiscAlerts and electronic Crime Warnings serve as our campus emergency alert system provided by UWPD to inform the campus community of any emergency situations by phone and e-mail.
- What is a Crime Warning anyway? Check out this video to learn more.
- Badger Watch, a volunteering program provides free training to students and campus staff about safety issues on campus and tips to keep yourself safe.
- SAFEwalk, a free nightly service that sends student employees to accompany you home from anywhere on campus.
- Nighttime campus bus service can also help you to get home after a long night of studying in the library.
- Lightway Walking Paths are a network of well-lighted paths for pedestrians
- Emergency Telephones are placed throughout campus (over 60 currently in place) and connect instantly to the local emergency operator.
- Office of Cybersecurity at UW-Madison offers guides and training to help students prevent identity theft and other online scams.
Staying Healthy University Health Services (UHS)
Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP)
UW-Madison and immigration requirements mandate adequate health insurance for all international students and their dependents. The Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP)provides comprehensive health coverage for medical issues, mental health counseling, and prescriptions beyond the services provided by UHS. SHIP enrollees have access to a network of hospitals across the United States to provide coverage in case of travel during your time at UW-Madison.
Learn more about the importance of SHIP Insurance and how to meet their requirements on the following video presentation.